Five agar plates. One she didn’t touch, one she touched, then she went out and played in the dirt and touched one, the next she washed her hands then touched, the last she scrubbed her hands then touched. (The agar was made with cabbage water – I wanted to see if the growth would change the environment)
Statements we could make from the evidence:
- My hands have fungi and bacteria on them.
- The one where there was dirt on my hands looked very different.
- There is three different kinds of furry, there are different species.
- The nothing agar plate was grey the others are green yellow.
- Scrubbing my hands didn’t take all the stuff off.
Later: “Helena don’t touch the cheese and put it back, what’s on your hands?” Helena quickly withdraws her hand and smiles….